Pictures of Big Shots

1953 Peterbilt 350 “Untouchable”

The most common stereotype about truckers goes to the dumpster every time this kinda truck is around. General public wants to believe the portrait painted by mainstream media: poor, dumb, uneducated jerk who can’t drive without crashing into low bridges and rearending them poor ABCNNBC viewers for no reason other than cutting off that big rig just to get to their exit ramp.¬† All this carefully painted “image” is fading when they see this 1953 Peterbilt 350 sitting on 1990 chassis sporting 310″ wheelbase and mirror finish stainless steel underbody panels…. moving freight. Because real trucking is a bit more than moving your junk from A to B but that is a little too much to comprehend when you get paid just for reading from teleprompter when looking half good. It takes long years of hard work to get it.

1953 Peterbilt 350 "Untouchable"1953 Peterbilt 350 "Untouchable"1953 Peterbilt 350 "Untouchable"

10 Responses

1. Mark Strawder

Were was this picture taken that was an awesome moving picture of my truck.

November 22, 2012 at 1:43 pm

• Mark Strawder

I own thus truck please contact me.

November 22, 2012 at 5:52 pm

• Polska Jazda

It was taken on I-80 in central Wyoming on November 5th. I must admit it is the most impressive piece of machinery I have ever seen thru my camera lens and I have seen about one hundred thousand trucks so far. I’m stunned every time I look at those pictures because the design is genius and Denton should consider production – I would be interested in buying them if price was right. Obviously its not going to happen but at least now we know how wrong they are giving us 579 as a future replacement for 389

November 22, 2012 at 7:51 pm

2. uptownkid

I remember 1st seeing this Pete in ” American Trucker” magazine a long time ago and said to myself ” that truck would never haul any freight” BOY WAS I WRONG! Glad to see it working and goodluck to the owner,that’s one sweet Pete.

November 24, 2012 at 7:25 pm

3. Transporter

I come here almost everyday, to check for new posts, new “stories”, new photos (but mostly for the photos of older trucks like this Pete). I love the idea that in America you can have a truck which is 20, 30, 40 years old and still driving it making money.

November 30, 2012 at 6:22 am

4. leonard landes

i have available to me a 1953 pete show truck
    i need some advice on getting it into the right hands where i can make a profit in order to fund my charity. i can get it for less than 100000.00 i think it would bring a cool million at a barrett jackson auction.
    but i think i would rather see a real trucker have it for work leonard

ps send me your thoughts please

February 26, 2013 at 11:54 pm

• Polska Jazda

I can only tell you what I know, Leonard. I run very efficient 2007 truck and it sure wouldn’t make any sense to hire driver. With 1953 truck… well, your charity must have been throwing a lot of money into such operation just to make it even. So, if you want to make a million – sell it. If you wanna spend million – trucking welcomes you… But you can google Robert Spooner cell phone number easily – he might provide you with some useful info, I’m probably wrong person to ask this question

March 3, 2013 at 3:53 am

5. Wally shadrick

Seen that Pete June 25 24/59 split just west of Chattanooga !! Don’t get any nicer.

June 26, 2013 at 9:25 am

6. Tyler Chriscoe

I met mark at the TA truck stop in New Hampshire at exit 4 probably 4 years ago. He might not remember me but we both ate a Ruben sandwich together and then he let me check out the inside. The two recliners and the big screen TV was a pretty awesome layout. It’s one of the most amazing rigs I have ever had the opportunity to be able to see. And Mark was a cool guy and helped me out with some info on getting into hauling oversize loads. Def a moment to remember

December 18, 2015 at 7:34 pm